What if you could taste a number or hear a color? Synesthesia is the taking in of neurological information through one sensory modality while experiencing it through another. Only about 4% of the general population experiences this ability naturally. However by exploring ways to hold different sensory information simultaneously, we foster novelty and promote our creative Flow.
“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way –things I had no words for.” Georgia O’Keeffe
Artists know about looking at things in ways that are beneficial to us all. Each of us can use these skills to live richer more satisfying lives. If that’s not a big enough reason to read on, would these benefits interest you?
With no artistic ability necessary seeing with artist’s eyes can:
• Increase your ability to concentrate
• Lead you into greater curiosity
• Expand you understanding of the world
• Test your knowledge about what works for you
• Broaden you sensory input and delight
• Enlarge your experience of the interconnectedness of all things